A new season has started up! Time to review those rookie of the year candidates! Itís still too early to tell who will be the future Rookie of the Year, but not too early to start speculating. Everyone has their shiny new rookies that they are so proud of Ė letís see who is living up to expectations.
The first overall pick, CB Richard Sherman, didnít get an interception in his first two games. But has managed 4 deflections and 5 catches allowed. A bigger surprise has been the play of Charger Zac Stacy, a late 3rd rounder. Stacy has 310 yards after 2 games and is averaging almost 9 yards per carry. Itíll be interesting to see how long he can keep it up. Aside from Stacy, all the Rookie of the Year candidates were drafted in either the first or early second round.
Please note that even if a team loses, I don't hold that against a player who has made exceptional efforts on the field. Lastly, this is meant for entertainment purposes only, so let's keep it civil, and if you don't like it, you are always welcome to make your own list.
Rookie of the Year Tracker
1. HB Zac Stacy, Chargers (310 yds, 8.9 ypc, 2 TDs) Previous Rank: Pick 3.23
2. WR Marlon Brown, Saints (223 yds, 12.4 ypc, 3 TDs) Previous Rank: Pick 1.15
3. TE Eric Ebron, Lions (179 yds, 22.4 ypc, 1 TD) Previous Rank: Pick 1.25
4. MLB CJ Mosely, Eagles (10 tak, 2 tfl, 2 ints) Previous Rank: Pick: 1.21
5. OLB Ryan Shazier, Patriots (14 tak, 2 tfl, 1 sack) Previous Rank: Pick 2.7
6. WR Josh Gordon, 49ers (152 yds, 16.9 ypc, 2 TDs) Previous Rank: Pick 1.2
7. OT Greg Robinson, Raiders (11 pancakes, 0 sacks) Previous Rank: Pick 1.12
8. HB Tre Mason, Cardinals (143 yds, 4.3 ypc, 0 TDs) Previous Rank: Pick 1.22
9. DT Louis Nix, Browns (5 tak, 1 tfl, 2 sacks) Previous Rank: Pick 2.8
10. SS Deone Buchannon, Steelers (17 tak, 1 tfl) Previous Rank: Pick 2.9
Dropping out of the Top 10: N/A
Also receiving consideration: WR Bobby Van Slyke, FB Manning Owens, FS Sully Santos, OLB Wesley Washington, DE Aaron Donald, DE Jadeveon Clowney