The 2018 season is over – at least the regular season – and we can now crown the 2018 Rookie of the Year (OK, I can crown him – you guys might have differing opinions on this). Anyway, by my count DE Collin Kilpatrick wins the honor of Rookie of the Year. The Charger Defensive End was a force throughout the whole season and demonstrated an incredibly versatility. Offensive Rookie of the Year honors go, in my estimation to Tampa Bay Halfback Todd Gurley. Gurley had 7 100+ games, including two contests with over 200 yards rushing.
Be sure to check back next year – the 2019 Rookie of the Year ballots will be going out sooner than you think! OK, I don’t really know what that’s supposed to mean. There are no actual ballots. I just pick ‘em. Anyway, you get the idea!
Here are the candidates for Rookie of the Year:
1. DE Collin Kilpatrick, SD (43 tak, 11 TFL, 13 sacks, 4 FF, 2 FR, 2 TD) Previous Rank: 3rd
2. HB Todd Gurley, TB (1660 yds, 4.7 ypc, 9 TDs) Previous Rank: 5th
3. HB Melvin Gordon, DAL (1438 yds, 5.1 ypc, 9 TDs) Previous Rank: 2nd
4. DE Shawn Oakman, BUF (52 tak, 5 TFL, 11 sacks, 2 FF) Previous Rank: 1st
5. WR Odell Beckham, Jr, STL (1166 yds, 18.5 avg, 11 TD) Previous Rank: 4th
6. CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CHI (31 tackles, 1 sack, 5 Ints, 1 TD) Previous Rank: NR
7. OT Bonaventure Royer, NO (87 pancakes, 3 sacks) Previous Rank: 6th
8. OT Brandon Scherff, DET (74 pancakes, 1 sacks) Previous Rank: 8th
9. OT Ja’Wuan James, NE (62 pancakes, 0 sacks) Previous Rank: NR
10. QB Nick Foles, MIN (49.2%, 2281 yds, 14 TD, 13 int, 70.9 rating) Previous Rank: 7th
Dropped Out of the Top 10: FS Cleveland Orr, OLB Shane Ray
Others receiving consideration: OLB Shane Ray, FS Landon Collins, HB Jeremy Hill, WE DeMarco Mann, MLB Galen Farris, OLB Dante Fowler, DE Eli Mazzar, CB Xavier Young, FS Cleveland Orr, HB/KR DeShawn James