2016 GZL Free Agency Forecast, Part 3/3
|With the GZL’s salary cap set to grow at a slightly lesser clip next season, decisions on potential UFA’s will get a little bit tougher for GM’s. Below is a list of the top five potential UFAs, by my rankings, at each position. Now, obviously all (maybe most) of these guys won't hit the market, and I’m not in the business of trying to predict who GM’s will restructure, resign, or slap a tag on … but I'm simply digging out who is in a contract year, and has the POTENTIAL to his free agency this coming offseason. I’ll possibly update this if guys start getting restructured, re-signed (offseason), etc.
So let’s put the spotlight on some potential big payday guys …
Key: Player | Current Team | Current YP | Current Key Atts
*NOTE* - I’m going by the assumption that a player who’s 3YP with an expiring contract is going to be RFA.
LBs and DBs
1. Justin Durant | WAS | 8YP | 85SPD, 69STR, 93AWR, 87AGI, 87ACC, 99TAK
2. Brooks Reed | TEN | 4YP | 85SPD, 76STR, 90AWR, 80AGI, 82ACC, 88TAK
3. Daryl Washington | ARI | 5YP | 85SPD, 63STR, 78AWR, 83AGI, 85ACC, 96TAK
4. Jeremiah Joseph (RFA) | OAK | 2YP | 86SPD, 68STR, 70AWR, 81AGI, 85ACC, 77TAK
5. Sean Spence (RFA) | CLE | 2YP | 85SPD, 70STR, 77AWR, 79AGI, 84ACC, 80TAK
This is not really the year to find your big, strong OLB (for a 3-4, for instance), but if you want a OLB that is good in coverage and create pressure on the QB, you can probably get that here.
1. LaMarr Woodley | TB | 8YP | 83SPD, 84STR, 90AWR, 80AGI, 86ACC, 95TAK
2. Martez Wilson | DET | 4YP | 84SPD, 75STR, 87AWR, 80AGI, 85ACC, 86TAK
3. Greg Jones | JAX | 3YP | 83SPD, 75STR, 84AWR, 80AGI, 84ACC, 90TAK
4. William Rogers | SEA | 3YP | 85SPD, 83STR, 73AWR, 81AGI, 77ACC, 76TAK
5. Quan Sturdivant | BUF | 3YP | 82SPD, 77STR, 69AWR, 77AGI, 84ACC, 75TAK
Woodley will hit regression in the offseason, but will still be a great option at MLB. And there are some solid young MLBs that could potentially hit the market this offseason, as well.
1. Antonio Cromartie | DEN | 9YP | 92SPD, 63STR, 92AWR, 93AGI, 93ACC, 78CTH, 95JMP, 59TAK
2. Brandon Flowers | PIT | 7YP | 90SPD, 65STR, 99AWR, 94AGI, 91ACC, 74CTH, 85JMP, 70TAK
3. Johnathan Joseph | SD | 9YP | 92SPD, 54STR, 99AWR, 92AGI, 93ACC, 71CTH, 91JMP, 59TAK
4. Zackary Bowman | Chi | 7YP | 91SPD, 56STR, 85AWR, 92AGI, 92ACC, 79CTH, 90JMP, 54TAK
5. Garry Blair | TEN | 3YP | 92SPD, 56STR, 73AWR, 94AGI, 91ACC, 59CTH, 90JMP, 52TAK
Not an overly strong class, especially with Cromartie in his golden years, and the next best CB’s being sub-6’ guys.
1. Gerald Powell | DAL | 4YP | 89SPD, 70STR, 82AWR, 82AGI, 92ACC, 65CTH, 83JMP, 80TAK
2. Sherrod Martin | MIN | 6YP | 88SPD, 57STR, 79AWR, 93AGI, 91ACC, 66CTH, 90JMP, 72TAK
3. Dana Garcia | BAL | 4YP | 90SPD, 64STR, 80AWR, 82AGI, 90ACC, 63CTH, 82JMP, 80TAK
4. Antonio Allen (RFA) | CLE | 2YP | 92SPD, 59STR, 77AWR, 87AGI, 92ACC, 63CTH, 86JMP, 62TAK
5. Darnell Goodman | NYJ | 3YP | 93SPD, 60STR, 83AWR, 79AGI, 92ACC, 53CTH, 83JMP, 69TAK
There doesn’t appear to be a FS that will command a contract offer that would scare his current team away come this offseason, but you never know. There are some good physical-type FSs that could potentially be available.
1. Brandon Merriweather | SF | 8YP | 91SPD, 62STR, 81AWR, 93AGI, 92ACC, 70CTH, 93JMP, 74TAK
2. Patrick Chung | STL | 6YP | 88SPD, 67STR, 85AWR, 90AGI, 89ACC, 68CTH, 82JMP, 78TAK
3. Stacey Williams (RFA) | CIN | 2YP | 87SPD, 76STR, 62AWR, 84AGI, 86ACC, 68CTH, 93JMP, 76TAK
4. Steve Griffin | CLE | 3YP | 90SPD, 57STR, 90AWR, 85AGI, 90ACC, 64CTH, 91JMP, 75TAK
5 Mariano Mcgehee | BAL | 3YP | 90SPD, 70STR, 62AWR, 82AGI, 88ACC, 71CTH, 75JMP, 77TAK
Like with the FSs … there’s no guy that jumps off the page. But a few solid players possibly be available. 6’5” Stacey Williams could draw a decent bid from a team, though.
That wraps up the FA forecast articles … hope you enjoyed!